Try out these flavourful parathas made with fresh fenugreek leaves & a mix of healthy flours & Indian spices. They taste best when served with plain yoghurt and your favourite pickle. The pleasure of simple healthy tasty home cooked food is unmatched!
Fenugreek leaves are believed to assist in lowering blood sugar levels as well as lowering cholesterol & inflammation & add a distinctive unique flavour to the parathas.
Recipe for Methi Paratha – Fresh Fenugreek Roti
Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3 persons)
1 cup wheat flour/atta
¼ cup gram flour/besan
¼ cup rice flour
1 cup methi leaves / fenugreek leaves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
¼ cup curd (or 1 teaspoon tamarind paste for vegans)
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 green chilli, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder / haldi
¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder / jeera powder
salt to taste
½ teaspoon carom seeds / ajwain
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
2 teaspoons oil for kneading
Water as required, to knead into a dough
Oil / ghee, for roasting
- Take a large mixing bowl and add the wheat flour, gram flour & rice flour to it.
- Add in the salt & all the spices & mix well with your fingertips.
- Add the ginger & green chilli & chopped leaves & mix well.
- Add ¼ cup of curd & the oil & blend it into the flour mix.
- Add in 1-2 tablespoons of water or as much as needed and knead into a soft, firm dough.
- Now put it into an airtight container, covering the dough with a moist cloth & keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- When you are ready to cook the parathas, divide the entire dough into medium sized balls (about 8), roll each ball between the palms of your hands & then flatten it gently.
- Roll it out into a circle of around 6 inches with the help of a rolling pin, using some wheat flour to dust.
- Take a griddle/tawa or frying pan & on a medium flame, roast each paratha lightly, first on one side, allowing small bubbles to form, lightly puff up, then apply a little oil & flip.
- Repeat on the other side & cook until both sides are soft yet evenly cooked.
- Serve with your favourite pickle and curds.
4 thoughts on “Methi Paratha – Fresh Fenugreek Roti”
Thank you so much.
I love these. Keep up the good work! Put pudachi wadi,it will take your audience by storm
On Tue, Dec 1, 2020, 9:35 PM The Culinary Konnoisseur wrote:
> theculinarykonnoisseur posted: ” Post Ingredients (Serves 2 – 3 persons) 1 > cup wheat flour/atta ¼ cup gram flour/besan ¼ cup rice flour 1 cup methi > leaves / fenugreek leaves, finely chopped 2 tablespoons fresh coriander > leaves, finely chopped ¼ cup cur” >
LikeLiked by 1 person