Scrumptious & crunchy roasted masala papad cones filled with a delightful tomato-onion salsa. The perfect non-oily appetiser for your next house party!
Recipe for Crunchy Roasted Masala Papad Cones
Ingredients Serves (4 – 6 people)
- 4-6 Punjabi or Garlic papads for roasting
For the fresh salsa filling:
- 2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium or 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Small shot glasses or bowls to serve
- Cut each papad into 2 halves (if large) and place on a hot non-stick pan. Press it gently with a kitchen towel on both sides, flipping twice to ensure equal roasting on both sides.
- Switch off the flame, take the papad pieces off the pan quickly while still warm. Place onto a kitchen towel and fold immediately into a conical shape from both sides. Hold in shape till it cools.
- Roast and shape all the papads similarly and place each cone in a shot glass or small bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients listed under Salsa filling & fill all the papad cones with the tangy tomato salsa.
- Serve immediately to avoid the cones from getting soggy.
- You can make the salsa an hour or two ahead and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Make and fill the papad cones only at the last minute to prevent them from getting soggy and limp.
One thought on “Crunchy Roasted Masala Papad Cones”