Disclaimer: Make enough for all neighbours’ within immediate inhaling distance of your premises to avoid any embarrassing instances of turning them away empty handed.
Ever imagined yourself serving Mud n slush at your table, when in fact you always asked your kids not to put it into their mouths?
Yes, well this one is of an entirely different kind. The sort that would have your entire family & friends licking their spoons to ensure they didn’t waste any slush at the back of it! Another one of those time tested desserts I promised you, this is one that my mother in law has perfected over the years to get the right amount of slush over the mud.
A completely sinful kind of baked chocolate pudding, this fudgy gooey dessert has yummy chocolate dirt all over it. Now, should you dare to put a spoon into it, this river of a divine sort of hot molten chocolate lava will come oozing right out of it! Yes, exactly the same kind you dreamt of as a child, with a gingerbread & candy stick house nearby and a chocolate picket fence around it.
Requiring hardly any ingredients at all, let alone fancy ones, this dessert almost always has people asking for more & then also for the recipe for their next dinner party.
Enough said, Sinfully Yours!
Recipe for Mud n Slush – Gooey Baked Fudge Pudding (Eggless)
Ingredients: (Serves 8 Persons)
– For Mud
- 1 cup all-purpose flour/maida
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
– For Slush
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1¾ cup hot coffee (hot water mixed with 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C for about 10 minutes.
- Grease a 8 x 8 inch ovenproof baking dish and keep aside.
- For the Mud – Sift together all the dry ingredients flour, salt, cocoa, baking powder in a large bowl to ensure thorough mixing.
- Add in the sugar (powder if granules are large)
- Stir in the vanilla, milk and butter. Mix well for about 2 minutes till it forms a sticky mass.
- Spread this into the base of the greased baking dish.
- For the Slush – In a saucepan, blend the cocoa, sugar, and hot coffee till the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour this liquid over the mud base in the baking dish, using the back of a spoon to spread the flow evenly.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 45-47 minutes until the mud base rises to the top & the slush thickens to a flowing gooey mass. If you place your glass baking dish in a larger dish half filled with water, it helps the slush stay more moist and gooey, as compared to without it. (Called a Bain-marie)
- Remove from the oven immediately and cool for 8-10 minutes until the molten mass has cooled down slightly.
- Tastes best when served with vanilla ice cream or with cream.
2 thoughts on “Mud n Slush – Gooey Baked Fudge Pudding (Eggless)”
Delicious , tempting sin… would love to try!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! Do let me know how it comes out.
LikeLiked by 1 person